The Family Indemnity Plan: Critical Illness Rider
Pushing your limits brings out the best in you and helps you to overcome adversity. If that adversity happens to be a serious illness, then you could receive an additional benefit of up to $15,000 to help you keep going. It’s for all who never give up!
Your Benefits and Special Features:
As the owner of a Family Indemnity Plan, you may enjoy the following benefits and special features when you add the Critical Illness Rider:
- You receive up to $15,000 coverage should you be diagnosed with a covered critical illness;
- The critical illnesses covered are: cancer, heart attack, stroke, paralysis and major burns;
- No medical required;
- You are eligible for the Rider until you are 60 years of age;
- You must wait six (6) months after enrollment to be able to benefit from the Rider, unless you are diagnosed with a covered critical illness as a direct result of an accident;
- You are entitled to receive only one lump sum payment for the life of the Rider; and
- Your family will receive a refund of your Critical Illness Rider premium payments without interest should you pass away while your Critical Illness Plan is still in effect.
See the Premium Schedule below for more details and there are two (2) coverage options to choose from:
|When you enroll for the Critical Illness Rider at age of 25 and you have selected a coverage benefit of $15,000, your monthly payment will be:||$10.50|
|Coverage benefit offered during the six-month Waiting Period: Should you be diagnosed with a covered critical illness resulting from an accident during the first six months on the Rider, you will receive a total coverage benefit of:||$15,000|
Coverage benefit offered after the six-month Waiting Period: Should you be diagnosed with a covered critical illness six months after you have enrolled in the
plan, you will receive a total coverage benefit of:
Filing a Claim:
You must submit a Claim Form along with a valid form of identification (Government issued ID) and proof of diagnosis to receive the Critical Illness Rider benefit.
For more information, please contact your Bermuda Credit Union customer representative.
To Sign-Up: Download the Family Indemnity Plan: Critical Illness Rider Enrollment Form
To Download a Brochure: Click Here.
Terms and conditions apply.